Sunday, September 21, 2008

Colors! Links! Progress! Exclamation points!!

As I've mentioned before, the third issue of Teddy and the Yeti will feature three different, self-contained stories (the cover serves as a fourth story, as well).  While it's sometimes true that too many cooks spoil the broth, there will be three colorists involved with this issue, and I've just landed number three.

I do this for two reasons - first, it gives Karin, busy in her own right, a reduced workload and more time to spend on the first two issues.  Second, it allows for a little bit in the way of different artistic interpretations of our characters, which I think can only be a good thing.  I mean, Duane is still providing all the artwork and I'm writing all the stories, so it's not like there's THAT much in the way of deviation, but hey, it's a compromise.

Our third and final colorist for this issue's T&Y stories is Omi Remalante, Jr., who hails all the way from the Philippines, thus increasing our impressive global feel (I think we've covered four continents so far...crazy!) and bringing, I hope you'll agree, some great talent to the book.  Above is a sample of his work over the pencils and inks of Steve McNiven and Dexter Vines.  Where have I heard of those two guys before...?

You can also check out more of Omi's colors at http://www.spidey0318.deviantart.com.  As always, it's great to see more progress as we push toward our big release date.

No comments: