Sunday, January 17, 2010

Issue #2 off to the printer



Issue #2 went thorough its proofreading stage, some small edits were made (I can't believe I wrote "onto" instead of "on to"...seriously, I should know better), and now the pdf file is off to the printer.  It's out of my hands!  And that's a great feeling.  We're still on schedule for a February release, which is just where I wanted it to be.  Most folks got a hold of issue #1 at the December 30th Indy Comic Book Week release, so those people will have to wait even less than the folks who got it when I took it around to stores myself.

Issue two, just like the New Dimension Comics exclusive edition of #1, is being printed through Comixpress, a fairly well-known small print run printer.  Issue #1 (the one with the Phil Hester cover) was printed through Brenner, and the folks there did a wonderful job; I'm not switching because of any problem I had with them.  Their pricing scale, combined with Diamond's suggested minimum print run, is set up more for larger print runs, and that ultimately doesn't fit the numbers for an independent book like Teddy and the Yeti.  Now that I'm distributing through Haven (and going door-to-door in some cases), I can be a little more conservative in how many books I print at once.  If I run out of books (what a great problem that'd be!  Assuming they didn't just get dumped in a lake or something), I can just place another order with them as necessary.

I'll be taking a few days off before getting down to the details on issue #3, but that issue, honestly, is pretty well put together as it is.  The entire book is colored (minus the cover) and about a third of it is already lettered.  So maybe I won't have as many late late nights this time around.  One can dream...

2 comments:

Larry Franks said...

I totally agree nicky

Jeff said...

Wow, Nicky! That's possibly some of the best compliments I've ever received. However, it is also possibly some of the worst.