Friday, March 19, 2010

Roll Call


I got an envelope in the mail on Wednesday from the Pittsburgh Comicon - it contained, among other things, a flyer promoting the show and its many guests.  I've scanned and posted it above for all to see.  Do me a favor and click on the picture to see a full-size version, then let me know if any of the names stand out.

Okay, let's take a look.  Oh!  Margot Kidder from the Christopher Reeve Superman movies will be there!  That's great, but I'm looking for something a little more pencils-and-ink comic book related...hey! Gene Colan, I love that guy!  But no, keep going...Scott McDaniel?  No...Pat Olliffe?  No...oh, dammit, my name is on there somewhere.  Apparently the fine folks at the Pittsburgh Comicon decided to toss in EVERYONE who will be in attendance, because if you look hard enough you'll see this:


Yes, that's right, sandwiched in between the names "Adam Mayfield" and "Jeff McComsey" (a bit too close for comfort, Mr. McComsey...you stole my spot right before McDaniel!!) is the one and only author of Teddy and the Yeti.  This is sure to bring the fans in!

Also included in the con's information packet was the layout for the show.  Take a peek:


Wagon Wheel Comics will be at booth S088, situated right by two necessities - bathrooms and food.  I suppose time will tell if this is good placement or not, but at least I'll know where they are.  Only about a month until the show!  I hope to see everyone (in the world) there!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Dude, you changed your name to Margot Kidder?!?

Jeff said...

There is a resemblance, isn't there? Plus I smoke like a CHIMNEY!