Sunday, June 13, 2010

Joe Sinnott is Yetitastic


Here's a preview of some new cover artwork I just received in the mail from none other than the illustrious Joe Sinnott, longtime inker of the Fantastic Four and all around great guy.  I met Joe at this year's Pittsburgh Comicon and I've gotta say - what a thrill it was to meet such an industry legend.  As you can tell, Joe's still a top-notch artist.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Joe used Phil Hester's cover to the first issue of Teddy and the Yeti as inspiration for this piece - he even drew in the faux ears that you can see on that cover if you look hard enough.  It'd be enough just to have this artwork done and in my possession, but I can't pass up the chance to use it in the book in some capacity as well.  The plan is to print it right away - I think I'll use this as a special "sketch" cover to issue #4 (in addition to Pat Olliffe's regular cover), due out whenever it feels like going to the printer.

Of course, that means that I might just have to get a sketch of Ted to use as a special cover to issue #5.  Oh, the life of a comic book publisher.  Such decadence.

No comments: