Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Yalta revealed!


I wrote a few vague posts recently regarding the short story "Yalta!" that I put together with super artist Leonardo Pietro.  I didn't want to give too much away because I wasn't sure if the book I was submitting it to would accept it or not, but I recently got word from none other than Jeff McComsey (of American Terror fame) that this story (with the alternate title "F. D. Arrrgh") will indeed appear in the anthology FUBAR, set to be released this fall.

Jeff posted the page on the book's blog, so I feel comfortable loading it here, as well.  Check it out and let me know what you think - and when the book does come out, pick up a copy or two.  I mean, it's one thing to read the story on a computer screen, and it's another to actually hold the book in your hands, turn the pages and read it, right?  Of course it is.

FUBAR is a collection of stories with the cohesive themes of the Second World War and zombies, and I'm pretty sure that most will not be comedic in nature.  Humor just seems to work well in small doses, at least for me, and there's not much I could do to make this story shorter than one page.

Jeff announced this page's inclusion on his blog, where he also wrote a quick blurb about the story.  Check it out here, and keep an eye out for the book in just a few short months!  I'll be sure to announce a date when I hear one.  I'm psyched to have this story published among those of the other talented contributors that are working on this book...it should be lots of fun.

No comments: