Friday, July 23, 2010

On the road.


I know what you're thinking.  I've let the blog go, you say!  Not true, says I!  I don't mean to ignore you folks, I don't.  Because I love you.  And if you subscribe to this blog, I love you even more, and also I give you money (possibly).  It's just that I've been extra busy lately with some really cool comic book stuff - stuff that even involves Teddy and the Yeti, if you can believe it - and it takes up a lot of time.  Plus on top of that, the Franks and Beans website went down!  Which is a bunch of crap, if you ask me.

Anyway, there are lots of things to tell, but I don't want to rush and tell things before their time comes.  I have, however, been wanting to talk a little more about my recent trip to some of the western US states.  For two weeks, I spent time in places like Las Vegas, various Arizona locations, and the greater Denver area, and I had lots of fun.  But this is a comic book blog, dammit, and I need to keep on task.

One of the things I've always done on vacation - for as long as I can remember, really - is pick out comic shops nearby wherever I'm staying.  Going to a new shop is more of a thrill than it still needs to be, but hey, you take what you can get.  I'm happy to say that I made it to four shops on this trip and three others immediately before, and those shops either already carried Teddy and the Yeti or they do now.  So it was a good trip from more than one standpoint.

If you look to the right, under the "physical comic shops" link (I should really organize those under some kind of discernible system), you'll see a few new entries.  A few weeks before I left for the old and not-so-old West, I stopped at Comic Paradise Plus in Fairmont, West Virginia, and Brave New Worlds and Dreamscape Comics around the Bethlehem/Allentown, PA area.  While on vacation, I made it to Alternate Reality Comics and Maximum Comics in Las Vegas, and Atlantis Comics and Mile High Comics near Denver.


Oh, apparently there's a Cricket store next to Atlantis Comics.

Anyway, the Teddy and the Yeti influence has spread, and I'm happy to see it.  My thanks to all of the great (great!) shop owners who took the time to chat with me about my book.  Sorry if I seemed overly desperate - I just REALLY want people to read T&Y.  Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Sara said...

More blogs. Less other stuff. :)

Jeff said...

Well, okay.