Sunday, September 26, 2010

And now...the Yeti!


Image Comics' Invincible is one of my favorite comics - Robert Kirkman has created a classic superhero book that remains fresh even as it reaches its 75th issue.  When the Justice League-styled Guardians of the Globe recently got their own title, I snatched it up and I'm glad I did.  You might notice an interesting new character on the cover - or perhaps once you open it up it'll be more clear as to whom I'm referring:


That's right - one of the new Guardians of the Globe is a yeti named...Yeti.  It's a small world, huh?

I'm happy to see the yeti getting more exposure in comics - every company has one, really - and this one looks pretty cool.  It's similar to the Teddy and the Yeti yeti in that this one talks and seems all around friendly.  It's different in that this yeti is male and has a gigantic head.  Really, what's the story behind that?

In any case, it's great to welcome another yeti into the comic book world.  NOW LET'S GET A CROSSOVER!  That'd be fun.

No comments: