Thursday, July 21, 2011

alternate art for Teddy and the Yeti: Seeing is Believing

I was doing some cleaning today when I came across the three pages posted below; I almost forgot I had 'em in the first place.

Back when artist Duane Redhead was working on the first set of Teddy and the Yeti stories, he sent me these pages for our "Seeing is Believing" tale.  The style is a little different and the main villain has a very altered look, and Duane ended up re-drawing them using his more traditional style.  What's cool about these is that Duane did every single thing you see - pencils, inks, colors and (I believe) letters, showing off why he probably doesn't need me on this project as much as I do him.

"Seeing is Believing" was collected with other short stories in Teddy and the Yeti #3, and it's interesting to compare these pages with the ones that actually made it to print.  It's pretty excellent for stuff that didn't make the final cut.



No comments: