Tuesday, January 24, 2012

FUBAR wins IGN award; on New York Times best sellers list!


The news for FUBAR: Empire of the Rising Dead just keeps getting better.  Voting ended a week or so ago for IGN's "People's Choice Award" and FUBAR won for "best anthology of 2011".  This is great news and it means that, against stiff competition, FUBAR had a lot of fans out there who were willing to click the "vote" button to show their support.  If you were one of those button pushers, then I thank you.

IGN's award page can be found here: http://www.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2011/Best_Anthology


The IGN news is nice and I'm thrilled to have that notch on my belt.  The above picture may be a bit bigger in scale, though - FUBAR volume 2 landed on the New York Times Graphic Books Best Sellers list at #6 on its first month of eligibility.  Here's a screenshot from the NYT website at http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-books/paperback-graphic-books/list.html:


This is real.  I did not make this up.  This is also fantastic, and much of the thanks goes to Jeff McComsey, Steve Becker and Dominic Vivona who put such hard work in to promote this book.  The artists who worked on my writing contributions (McComsey, Mario Wytch and Leonardo Pietro) also deserve a heaping of praise and I'm happy to be associated with them and this book.  What a thrill.  Perhaps I'll introduce myself from now on as "IGN award winning and New York Times best selling author Jeff McClelland".  But perhaps not.

I'm not sure anything could really top this news, but here's something that might come close:


This is FUBAR's submission for Eisner Award consideration.  This submission, obviously, doesn't guarantee that we'll even be in the running for an Eisner, which is the most prestigious award in comics.  But wouldn't that be something?  I believe that Eisner award winners are announced at Comic-Con International.  As I'll be there in 2012, I'd be happy to accept the award.  And, you know, any monetary prize that might come along with it.

No comments: