Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Ferryman


I know that this will come as an incredible shock to some, but not everything I write gets published.  I know, right?  Unbelievable!  But it's true and I can accept that.  That makes it all the more surprising, then, when a script I wrote has some life breathed back into it after a long time on the proverbial shelf.  Case in point: The Ferryman.

The Ferryman is a zombie sci-fi story that I finished writing...well, more than a year ago, to be kind.  I wasn't expecting anything to come from it when out of the blue, artist Mario Wytch, fresh off our FUBAR story, sent me the artwork you see here: a couple mock covers and the first and third pages from the script.


At this point, you're probably thinking about how "the Ferryman" is the best title in the history of comic books, to which I can only squint my eyes and nod my head purposefully...and also say that there's a chance, if I can think of something (ANYTHING!) better, I'll change it.  But for now, the title remains.

This is not to say, naturally, that this book will be completed and published at any point...ever.  But there's a chance, and we're a few significant steps closer to that being a reality than we were just a week ago.

As a writer, it's always exciting to see new art, especially from someone as talented as Mario.  This is certainly no exception.  If this project moves forward in a meaningful way, I will update the progress here.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.



No comments: