Saturday, February 25, 2012

Superman, meet Nietzsche


My lack of recent posts can be accounted for by the simple response of "it's that point in the semester".  I know, I know, that's no excuse, for who else will write about amazingly important things such as how the Thing can totally beat up the Hulk (he can, you know)?  Spring break is on the horizon, though, and I'm looking forward to being able to catch up on a number of things, comic related and otherwise.

In the meantime, and in a not-necessarily-unrelated moment, I took this picture a couple weeks ago (before I got a new phone, to boot) of a bookshelf outside of my fourth floor English classroom at a college that is currently, and thankfully, employing me.  The bookshelf contained a number of items, from a set of the Encyclopedia Britannica to some pottery to a stapler chained to the wall, but it was obviously the cheaply made Superman action figure that caught my attention.  I then saw what it was placed next to, and I got a chuckle out of it.  I'm sure you, anonymous reader, will as well.

No comments: