Friday, August 10, 2012

Fred Hembeck's FUBAR (plus a Can't Stop the Serenity update!)


You may remember that a little while ago, I showed off a Teddy and the Yeti strip by Fred Hembeck.  I mentioned that the T&Y strip wasn't the only thing Fred and I were working on, and this image directly above is what I was alluding to.  It's a FUBAR strip by Fred Hembeck!  Woo!  I don't know exactly what publication this will see print in, but it will see print, and fairly soon.

This alone is pretty awesome, but Fred was kind enough to send me the original art to both pieces.  As a fan of Fred's work over the last few decades, this is quite a treat.  I hope that everyone enjoys seeing this as much as I do.


I will be out of town this weekend, as I'm accompanying Larry to "Hazzard Homecoming", a big Dukes of Hazzard event going on in Virginia.  I'm sure that this will be lots of fun, but it'll mean that I'm going to miss this year's "Can't Stop the Serenity" event in Pittsburgh.  I am totally bummed out about this!  I went last year and it was lots of fun hanging out with fellow Firefly fans and watching the movie Serenity.  Proceeds to this event benefit both Equality Now and the local Habitat for Humanity, so it raises money for good causes as well.

If you're in the Pittsburgh area and can check it out, you really should.  If you're not from Pittsburgh, then check and see if your city has a CTCS event planned (they're all over the country) and go to that one!  Here's the pertinent info:

When: This Saturday, August 11th, starting at 7:00pm.
Where: The Orpheus Singing Society, 6301 Butler Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201

No comments: