Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pictures from the 2014 Comic-Con International, part 8

Who is still posting pictures from Comic-Con 2014?  Me!  I am!  Deal with it!


These pictures are all from different points on the Saturday of the show.  It was a big costume day!  Saturday was also the day of the "Weird Al" Yankovic panel and signing, which took up a big portion of my day...I'll post those images next.  In the meantime, here's a Yvonne Craig Batgirl costume/person underneath the costume!


I thought that this was a good view to get the Home Dome in perspective.  This was taken from the parking garage across the street from the convention center.  It was a huge structure!  I wonder what they did with it after the show was over...did they bulldoze the thing or is it being stored in someone's garage?


I don't know if there are comic book versions of these costumes.  They still must have taken a lot of time and skill to put together.  I approve.


Adventure Time always has a large presence at conventions.  It's a show - similar to the Venture Bros. in this regard - that lends itself to costuming.  Here's an episode specific, flashback Ice King.  Love the glasses.


These folks dressed up as the comic book Walking Dead - hence the black and white getups.  Comic Rick told me that their son had dressed up as Carl (Carrrrrrl...), but he was in the bathroom.  After waiting for about five minutes for Carl to show up, I took the picture and went on my way.


This guy was being interviewed by...someone...as I walked by.  The guy with the microphone asked something along the lines of "what made you decide to go as the Silver Surfer?"  The obvious answer was because he had the body type for it, and everyone agreed.


You've got to get a shot of the convention center and surrounding area when you cross the bridge over Harbor Drive to the Petco Park area.  This was one of a few I took.


...and here's another.


I spent some time at the New England Comics booth every day, and I got the chance to people watch, which doesn't happen very often as you're often too purpose-driven to really see everything that's going on around you.  This individual told me that she did this makeup job herself, which was impressive.  It looked even better up close.


Apparently I cannot take clear pictures of Grae Drake from Rotten Tomatoes.  She stopped by the NEC booth and we talked again for a bit.  Again, great MST3K costume.


Here's the convention center...but wait...look closely at the middle of the image.  It made my day.


On the way to the Weird Al panel, I got stopped (as is often the case) waiting to cross the street.  While waiting I met Rorschach from Watchmen.


The Walking Dead, of course, had a huge presence at the show.  Across the street from the convention center was a building set up to look like Terminus.


You could take your picture by the sign and enter to win some prizes.


A few blocks away, this thing comes barreling down the road (note: not barreling like in the movie).  I'm not sure if this van was outfitted like this as an official promotion of the Dumb and Dumber sequel, but it was appreciated nonetheless.


Great job with this.  More pictures (of course) to come!

No comments: