Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pictures from the 2014 Comic-Con International, part 9 (Adult Swim Fun House and more!)


Where else can you find a picture of Disney's Maleficent eating concession stand nachos?  NOWHERE ELSE.  That's another sign that it's time for yet another batch of Comic-Con 2014 pictures!  Seriously, I still have more of them.  These photos take us all the way to the end of Saturday, after my wonderful encounter with "Weird Al" Yankovic earlier in the day that I wrote so much about.


As Saturday drew to a close inside the convention hall, I stopped at the New England Comics booth once again.  I was able to chat with Ben Edlund a bit and learn some news that has since been revealed to the general public: that The Tick was returning to the small screen, as a pilot episode has been ordered for Amazon's streaming original content service.  The news broke shortly after the convention, but it was honestly difficult to keep it in after finding out about it.  But I kept my mouth shut (I promise).  I was able to get this nicely framed picture with Ben, Supernatural's Jenny Klein and Ben's very talented daughter.  Jenny obliged with the duck face.


My love for the convention affects my judgment, for sure, but I think that San Diego is such a beautiful city.  Here's a requisite bridge shot as the sun sets.


The people by the tents are leaving the convention, not, I hope, lining up for Sunday morning.  But you never know.


I went over to the Interactive Zone next, where I found these great Spaceballs cosplayers.


The Adult Swim Fun House, so great in 2013, was back for another round in '14.  This time, there was a domed Meat Wad experience to see.  They ticketed these events and handed out wrist bands, which was probably a bit more organized than the 'get in line and hope' approach taken the year before.  In any case, here's a shot of the inside of the dome, before we got back in line for the Fun House.


We waited in line for quite a while, because even though tickets were given out for specific time frames, a whole crowd of VIP ticket holders (I believe they won these tickets by spinning the giant prize wheel Adult Swim had inside the convention hall) cut in line in front of us poor schlubs who only had regular tickets.


Luckily, there was a dancing Mooninite there to entertain us.


The Fun House was almost the same as it was in 2014.  I don't blame Adult Swim for not mixing it up, because if you pay for a giant, inflatable fun house such as this, you might as well get some use out of it.  And the new dome was a nice addition as well.  I found a few different passageways this time around that I missed in 2013, and I was able to go down the giant slide at the end, too, so it was pretty fun.


Oh, and I met Santa!  He gave me a Black Jesus candle.  Thanks, Santa.

Would you believe that I have more Comic-Con pictures to share?  Of course you do, because I mentioned it just a little bit ago.  Sunday is coming up.  Get ready.

No comments: