Thursday, May 5, 2016

New Tick comic out on Free Comic Book Day!


This Saturday is the 15th annual Free Comic Book Day celebration at comic shops all over the world. Once again, there's a new Tick book coming out. The cover is above, and it's a take on a classic Adventure Comics cover with Superboy and the Legion of Super Heroes!

Joining me again on art is Duane Redhead, who has done some really nice work for this issue. There's also a backup story with art by Ian Nichols that ties into the main story!


In a few days, I'll be traveling to Boston for the weekend to sign some copies of the new issue with lots of other guests. I'll be at New England Comics' Norwood location from 10:30-5:00 on Saturday. These signings are always fun and it's great to see people and explain that I'm not Ben Edlund. If I have the opportunity, I might try and sneak over to another store after my signing is over. If you're in the Boston area, I hope that you'll stop by and pick up a book!


In other (very exciting) Tick news, the Amazon Prime pilot will be filming soon! Several of the actors have posted updates online, including this picture of the pilot script from Brendan Hines, who will play the new character Superian! I am obviously thrilled that this is happening. Here's hoping that it moves forward to a full series soon!

No comments: